Thursday, January 24, 2013

Valentines Kids Craft

Lately I have been trying to find activities to do with Calvin, and get him to explore his different senses. This one explores the sense of touch.  This craft is a fun activity to do with any child as long as you are willing to let them make a mess.  I have a HUGE pet peeve of dirtyness. I struggle watching Calvin eat sometimes because of how messy he gets ew i just squirm inside, I just want to do it for him, but I have to let him be a kid and learn to do things so I'm getting used to it. Weird. I know. BUT paint, now that's a different story... I was so excited to do this with him and watch him react with paint on his hands.. I wanted him to get messy, feel the paint ooze between his fingers and toes, but he hated it. LIke his dad---hates anything on his hands. He had more of enjoyment putting and taking things out of the bowl.
Project: Heart Stamp Picture --- perfect for Valentines



Here's what we did --- Take a toilet paper roll, bend it to make a heart shape and if needed use tape to hold it together. Dip in paint then stamp on paper. I used yellow and green paint (obviously it wasn't around valentines day) and thought it was so cute I decided to frame Calvin's first art project. I of course had to help him a little bit. 
And VOILA a fun easy peasy Project.  simple and messy but oh so Cute. 
We also tried making hand christmas trees... didn't work out so well. 




Making the Frame. I bought a frame from Good Will for .50 (steal deal) Rip up long skinny pieces of any old book and mod podge them onto the frame to your liking. 

4 comments:

  1. That is so fun Cas! Way to be a good mom. I love that you got him doing the project so we could see what a mess he was! Ha! Love the idea of the frame. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hilarious messy boy. I know what you mean watching the kids get dirty when they're eating, but I love it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I love that kid! A fantastic and treasured possession. I'm sure that you have such happy memories every time that you see the finished framed art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man that kid is so cute! I love the idea, his face is always so priceless

    ReplyDelete