Saturday, February 16, 2013

HappY Birthday to me...



The week of my Birthday was Perfect... We went to the Zoo, had lunch date with dad, went to the Children's Museum, played with friends, ate ice cream, lunch dates with ward friends, cookie exchange, and a First date with just Daniel and I for about 9 months: I felt like we were dating all over again except we skipped all the awkward steps. I was all giddy and happy inside as we strolled hand in hand to dinner.  It was Pure. Bliss.
I really think it is so important to get away and spend some time alone together, no kiddies, no friends just us two. Love is a wonderful thing and it really is true about how your love for one another will continue to grow if you allow it and my love for Daniel has truly magnified in.. ahem... 3 years this May. (wow times flies). Although Daniel had to work I was spoiled with a surprise gift at my front porch.. flowers from the mister, many phone calls from family and a fun outing with friends and of course spending the day with little jr. Thanks everybody for all your kindness and love. And of Course Valentines was wonderful as well.. daddy had to work but Calvin took me out on a date and we made valentines cards. I love February, so much love in teh air it makes me Happy.


Saying Hi to the Goat. He loves saying Hi to everyone even the animals



THe Childrens' Museum was a HIT! He loved everything there and did not want to leave. We are going to have visit again soon.




I've been trying to teach Calvin his colors... One day I'll choose just one color to focus on and talk only about that color.  This day we talked about green and we'd go on a treasure hunt looking for green things and then I tried to make green meals, We had smoothies mmm hence the green mustache. and we wear green. It's a fun little learning activity. Hopefully he's understanding. 

Here's our green accessory for the day. I wrapped it around him and laughter filled the air for a good 20 minutes.. Oh the joys little babies find in such seemingly small things. 


Birthday NIght getting some Icecream




Lunch date with dad every Thursday has become the biggest highlight of the week.
Showing Daddy are Valentine we made Him
Mommy and son Date night






Ready to take me out on my date


6 comments:

  1. That seemed like a perfect week, I'm glad you had a good birthday week. That's such a great idea with the colors, we should start doing that with Emree. I think I've been to that Children's Museum, when Lydia and I came to visit once, it's awesome. Love the bow ties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture with the green mustache and glad you had a fun birthday week - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that kid is cute! He definatly has your mouth! And I totally agree with you about dating, I only wish we could do it more often. I love all the pictures and the things you re doing! You guys have a lot of fun! I love the idea about concentrating on a color each day. I'm going to steal that from you, Daxton still struggles with his colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Do I ever love your pictures. Seriously that little Calvin is an absolute doll! Just love that kid. What fun things you are doing despite being alone. Great idea for a Thursday lunch date. It looked so fun and brought back a lot of memories of taking you guys to the zoo and childrens museum. I'm also glad you went on a date alone finally. When you come here you'll have to do a couple days and night or two away from him and let us watch him. Plan it now so it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I can't get enough of the pictures with Calvin. Seriously such a stud in the picture with the keys. I also love when you say he loved the zoo/museum and then follows a sequence of serious faces. Cracked me up. Either way I'm glad you had a good birthday week. You sure are a gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete