Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Fourth of July is one of my favorite Holidays. It's on the top 3 for sure. I love celebrating our Nation and reflecting on our freedoms and the Great Country that we live in. How truly blessed we are to live in such a place.  I've been reading the book 10 virtues by Gordon B. Hinkley and in it he talks about how we should contribute more to society to bring about good and to support our local leaders, to help make a difference. I know I tend to think, 'oh what can i do!' But there really is so much we can do. And of course the BBQs, family bonding time, and wearing Red, white and Blue. 
For the fourth we did the annual Hansen tradition and went to Pepperwood. 
It was fun to play and watch everyone in the different tournaments they had:
Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball
and of course we swam till our little hearts content well until it was time for Calvin's nap time.
Calvin loves to swim, when he gets into the water he curls his lips and goes ooh ooh.. it's pretty adorable if I say so myself. 
We had a very tasty BBQ and game of bocce ball. 
The rest of the night we relaxed and watched fireworks right on the back and front porch. We had a great view of all the fireworks around the neighborhood. 

Oh and I was a mom to 5 kids this past week. These are my darling little nieces who I got to watch for a week while there mom went on a honeymoon with her new Husband. They are such fun girls. Maryn  (the dark haired) is 14 almost 15 and we are closer in age then I am with her mom. 
Funny story: 
I took the girls swimming at McCall and JDs place and there was an older man in the pool with his kids and he was talking to Chloe (in the glasses) if she was Sophie's (pink shorts) mom. She looks at him disgusted and says are you kidding me I'm her sister and I'm only 12 he replies "oh i'm not very good at guessing age! Pretty pathetic. Then he asks Lexi if she was Calvin's mom.. 



 Father like son.. they even had matching shorts.


 calvin doesn't look too happy in this picture but he really was enjoying it he just saw me and wanted to get to me. haha 



 Calvin is catching up... pretty soon he may over take Emree 

 Team 1 Kelsi, Mccall and Jason. Team 2 Me JD and Parker
TEAM 2 WON! 

Hope you all had a fun 4th of July. I sure am going to miss our Family Tradition. 

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you that there is a lot we can do but it also can be overwhelming. Calvin is so bog! And I think it is cute they are matching. Happy to see you on instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say the 4th of is my second favorite holiday. It was sure a whole lot of fun, even though I lost at all the tournaments. By the way Makana I didn't know a person could be bog. He he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was Parker by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great day, thanks to the Petersons, I don't think it would be the same without. Emree and Super Cal are so cute together. You forgot to include our hand game and talk about Daniel's reluctance... haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics cass, I do have to say it didn't feel like the 4th without going to pepper wood, we missed it a lot. I can't believe how bog :) Calvin is getting either. The funny story cracked me up!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun day. See Parks we did get pictures after all.

    ReplyDelete