Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Bliss

I can't tell you how much I love the summer time.  I love the heat and love being outside.  I can't wait till Calvin gets older so we can play outside together.. To think i can be a kid again and play.. ha ha. 
This past week was fun as part of the fam went down to City Creek to check it out.
It really is a pretty mall with the creek and natureistic (made up word) atmosphere. 


Got to love Disney.. 

The next adventure of the week was going Camping in the Uintahs with Daniel's Family.
The rain rain rain came down down down but we still had lots of fun... (name that song)
We still got to go fishing and play by the river, play games (rook, horse shoes, uno) Another favorite thing of mine to do is camp, I love being up in the mountains, it's so peaceful and calm up there.  I can't help but reflect on how blessed we are to have so many beautiful surroundings. We didn't get to have a fire which was a disappointment but we did enjoy a gas fire... Its still not the same as a regular fire but at least we had something we could all sit around and stare at. And of course we didn't smell like smoke. Calvin slept better up there then he does here at home.. hmm. He loved the river and loved all the attention he got from his cousins, aunts and uncles and of course grandma and grandpa. We had a few cousins ask if they could take him home with them and bring them back in 3 years. I told them I wold miss him way too much and I would cry everyday. So instead they asked well how about we babysit him for a day.  
Before the trip I wanted to get Calvin some shoes that would cover his feet so bugs wouldn't get his toes.. Daniel and I wanted to find cowboy boots so badly for him and so we checked out the D.I. we found some cute sneakers for $3. Then my sisterinlaw Asher told me about Kid to Kid and well we made a trip over there and I was thrilled!! there were cowboy boots and in his exact Size. I was so happy and they were only $4. Now he's ready to go camping and he'll fit right in at Texas. 

My cute little cowboy





 Calvin catching his first fish with Dad





My sister-in-law makes adorable bows for her cute 3 girls and Daniel was teasing her and asking why you making bow ties.. and we both looked at each other with pure excitement in our eyes as we both were thinking the exact same thing. A bow Tie for CALVIN!! 
Now my goal is to learn to make these and even make some ties for him. 

5 comments:

  1. Easy it's called, "the rain, rain, rain, came down, down, down" from Winnie the Pooh. What do I win. And Calvin is a stud.
    -Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that camping looks like so much fun. I can't wait to start going again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved him in his cute bow tie at church. Yea you need to make those and sell them. I sure miss camping. Too bad it was too hard for Shae when she was little. It looks like you had a blast. Calvin looks so cute in all the pictures.Love his hat and boots.Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still need to go camping one of these times, we should probably get camping stuff first though. Those are some cute pics of super cal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When did Calvin because such a ham? Look at him just cheesing it up for the camera. So cute! I love the picture where he is in his cowboy boots. And that's a really funny story. Wish I was in sojo and could play with all of you.

    ReplyDelete