Thursday, July 26, 2012

It's year 26

Last Friday was Daniel's 26th Birthday. I was thrilled it was on a Friday because he doesn't have work that day.... meaning all dayer with the hubby.  I had a great idea of giving him little presents that would represent the actual gift so for instance I got a golf ball, toy fish, and the batman toy BUT on thursday night dan said we have a date on the golf course tomorrow morning so he ruined the surprise I was wanting to give him and basically it was a lost cause after that. So if you need a cute fun way to give your gifts to someone find little objects that correlate with the actual gift and wrap them up with a cute poem attached.



At 7 am we (the trio) headed to the golf course. I pushed Calvin in his stroller while daddy played golf. I did get to hit a couple of times and I got a hole in one my first try... Bah i wish. 
Later I gave him the rest of his gifts.. New jeans (since all his got holes or ruined) and new Garments. wooohoo I've never seen someone so excited about Garments. I was going to take him Fishing or go swimming at the Lake with a lovely picnic but we decided we should wait on a day we could spend more time there and so Calvin could sleep some. So if you're around and want to come a long hit us up. Later for Dinner we ate at Sweet Home Chicago Pizzaeria. It was real Chicago style stuffed pizza = Delicious! 
It was huge too. We ordered a small and could only eat 1 slice and pretty inexpensive. 
We put Calvin to bed at Grandma and Grandpa's while we went to see the New Batman Movie. 
We both loved it and we finally could use our megaplex gift cards we've had since forever. 

Calvin has been having constipation problems so his Grandma gave him black licorice to help give him the runs... this is was the result.


I love this little boy so much. I love when he stares at me and then we both start giggling.. I love it when I say my prayers with him in the morning and I say it in his ear and he starts giggling because it tickles.  When I nurse him I try to read.. try yes try he somehow always knows I have a book and will reach his hand back to grab it. I tend to only get in a few sentences maybe a paragraph if I'm lucky. ha I love his facial expressions, his cute cheeks, and his fun personality that keeps me on my toes. I'm a lucky momma. 

A fun outing on the 24th with the Hansen Family.. We went hiking to our usual spot and had our picnic by the river. I love the mountains I sure will miss them while we are away in Texas. 


I collect heart rocks on every hike I go on. I have quite the collection now from all over. I don't think it is coincidence that there are heart rocks. I think God placed them here on the Earth to give me much joy and satisfaction and to remind me how much he Loves me.  To always love my neighbor. Think about this
"Love is the most powerful force in the world."  -- Elder Dallin H. Oaks 
May we all strive to love one another a little more, because as we do I know that love will spread far beyond any thing we can imagine. To all you who are reading this... I love You.  
I read two great talks about love this week one by Elder Bednar you can find here and the other Pres. Uchtdorf found here

3 comments:

  1. Great post. Love the golfing pictures. Great job taking them they look professional.Calvin will be golfing in no time. He is such a doll. I love his cute smiles and giggles. It will be so hard to have him leave. I'm going to read both those talks thanks for the link and the quote by Elder Oaks. His first sweets. Could he get any messier? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! What a fun bithday you had and i love all the pics of calcin just sitting on the golf course haha. so you guys liked the batman movie? I thought it'd be pretty dark. I love what you said about Calvin, isn't being a mom so fun? And I love that you collect heart rocks, I didn't know that and that really love the idea. Love you Cass your such a great example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man when you have a baby like Calvin, it's like all of your pictures are 20x cuter. That picture of him playing on the course with Daniel watching the ball is fantastic! I love it. I'm sad I missed out on the 24th. Boo for work! Glad you had fun on Daniel's birthday. And I sure do love mister Calvin too. Such a cute kid.

    ReplyDelete