Friday, April 6, 2012

Stuff everywhere

A few weeks ago I was going through our stuff and getting rid of ... just Stuff that sits in our closets or under the bed and man do we have a lot of Stuff. going through it all I came across these paintings of mine. I did these in my painting class at UVU and each painting had a different technique we had to use in order for us to understand our own painting style by painting with touch/feel and emotion. We painted as though we had no idea what skin, eye, hair etc color was supposed to look like and had to paint only by feel (without a mirror or picture) Color has feeling red yellow and orange usually means warmth and etc.. so the colors we used had a lot to do with how we were feeling that day. Another painting we could only use a pallette knife or our hands. This was something i had never experienced with because im more of a realistic artist, but I absolutely loved this assignment as it helped me venture off into a new realm of painting.  The last two paintings we could use a mirror but we still acted as if we saw only in black and white.
You should try it sometime, it actually is quite fun






I decided to recreate these Blocks... I never really liked them much until now (i liked the quote though)


Oh and if you haven't heard We are Moving to Houston Texas!! Dan accepted the offer with Deloitte.
 yay for jobs.


6 comments:

  1. I commented on facebook but also wanted to tell you here how excited I am for you. It's probably easier knowing you have family down there. We'll have to get together soon!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mrs uber talented! Thanks for sharing your gift. I think that would be fun to try sometime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh those are really cool. And I didn't know you had recreated those blocks. That's great! And I like how the new job got a one liner at the end. So exciting though I'll be sad to see you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs,
    Nice paintings homie, you should plaster those all over your wall, it would be a nice conversation piece. Glad to hear you're not moving to the other edge of the country like someone... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree you should hang those paintings up. I think they are pretty cool. Like I said before you have the born in talent. You are a lucky girl. Thats a great quote and I like the MR, Mrs by your picture. And yea I did hear you were moving...:{ and taking my baby away.:{

    ReplyDelete
  6. you got skills girl! And hip hip hooray for Houston. Goodbye snow!!! lol

    ReplyDelete