Tuesday, March 27, 2012

St. Jeezy

This weekend Daniel and I took a trip down south to St. George. His good friend and old mission buddy lives down there so that was the main reason of the trip (to visit him and his wife). The weather was blissful and the hosts were great. It was nice to get away and not have to worry about anything. Daniel was especially thrilled to get away from Provo. It was our first road trip together (just us two) as married folks and of course Calvin's first. He did pretty well for getting his shots the day before which caused a minor fever, being in a new environment and being stuck in a car for 4 hours blowing out his diaper 3 times good thing i brought lots of extra clothes lol.

When we got there we headed to the temple because Daniel has never been there before. We had fun taking pictures. The weather was beautiful and the scenery was gorgeous and man did it feel great to get out of that car and walk around. 









Here's Calvin taking a turn at the wheel

We hiked up to Dixie Rock and saw the ocean.... no one believes me but if you lay on your back on top of dixie rock and look up towards the sky it looks like the ocean.

 Our friends the Blands


8 comments:

  1. First!
    LOVE the TEMPLE Pictures! The sun glare ones are priceless and adds so much to the pic! I can't believe Daniels never been to the St. George temple. Crazy glad you got to go.
    Love you outfits and scarf :) So glad you got to have so much fun! And i'm sorry Calvin got the fever! No no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a cute family! I can't wait to meet this handsome little man of yours. Looks like he's getting some early driving lessons there. Beautiful pictures by the way. I'm glad you guys had fun, we love going on family road trips....they are the bomb dot com! :)Ok bye! ~McCall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that picture of Calvin just cracks me up with his glare sitting on Daniel. He has so many funny faces.
    I miss St. George and I never heard you say that before about the ocean. When did you come up with that? I need to try it and see for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! Calvin is such a stud and Daniel is too. You look super cute in that last picture. Love the outfit and the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did mccall say the bomb dot com for real? :) lol
    I'm with everyone else too... love the picts and poor little Calvin. Daniels shirt matches the rock in the last picture. Visiting with mission comp/old friends really is so fun. Im glad you had such great weather and such a good time... minus the blowouts that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps- seriously Cass, I should call you mrs. model! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes McCall did say that because she invented the bomb dot com, I love how Calvin looks like a little man. I never knew you could see the ocean in st. george, I'll have to try that. I'm glad you got to see st george at a time other than thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you know april? My sister was friends with her in high school she is so funny! Small world! I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete