Wednesday, June 13, 2012

race after race

Over Memorial day weekend Daniel and I had a great accomplishment. 
We both participated in Holden's annual Triathalon without one time of swimming or biking the entire year.  I at least have been running, Daniel well let's just say he ran up and down a basketball court almost every thursday night for mutual. 
It was a lot of fun with great company (The Stephen's Family) 
Lots of great food and of course 
a Great workout...
( I still have to get pictures from my sis in-law)



The following week Kelsi and I and two of my friends from high school had one Dirty Nerdy Adventure as we raced  in the 
DIRTY DASH 
It was mayhem, millions of people participated, even gorillas.
there were so many people that i felt like i was at a water park waiting to go down instead of water slides mud slides.  
Some examples of the hurdles we had to do
Jump over 5 ft walls with snow machines spraying water at us as we hopped over = sprained ankles
mud pits, swamps, 10 ft hay bells etc. 



Ya we were on Channel 2 News later that night. 


Here's the link to watch us. Kels has a great one liner :) 


I also got to spend some time with Shelby the day before she left.  We soaked up the sun at the Pool. It was Calvin's first experience going swimming. He loved it.  It was a fun but sad day as I realized shelbs would be leaving me. Sure miss my sista!  and of course her hubby and adorable boy.  (wish we got a pic of all of us)



5 comments:

  1. ha that was a great one liner, although that mickey mouse guy takes the cake. I didn't know you were on the news that's awesome. Glad your blog is back up so we can keep track of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures of Calvin. I'm glad you got to go swimming before she moved. Looks fun! I can't believe you ran a triathlon. I'm excited for the pictures. Wow, that mud race looks crazy. Those are some great pictures. So funny. Yup Kels that was a great one liner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you crack me up! Love the new blog btw and happy to be back in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I like the new look of the blog! And I didn't know you guys were on the news!! THATS AWESOME! You all look really cute even though you were dirty.. seriously. Like the one liner kels ha! And yes, it is a bummer we never did get a picture of all of us, i kept saying we needed to. But i do love the mexican man behind you in the background- name donny osmond! hahah. That was funny. Your amazing with all the races your running! you inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know this was your new blog! You never told me. While I was watching the video I kept thinking, please don't say anything embarrassing. I don't think that classifies as embarrassing thankfully. But this blog is cute! I've loved reading about all of your adventures and seeing all the cute pictures. Now that I know this is here I'll be commenting more frequently.

    ReplyDelete