Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lovers Day, a special day to reflect on those I love

As you can tell I'm slow at posting updates about our life adventures, since I'm always a week behind. I wanted to express to you, family and friends (if I have any friends out there reading this) how much I love and appreciate all you do for me. 
I am truly blessed to have such good Parents who taught me good values and principles and lived the way they taught. Who love me so dearly and continue to support me through all my deeds. 
My wonderful four brothers and four sisters who I cherish so dearly, I look to your examples everyday and your friendship means the world to me. 
My dear sister-in-laws and brother in law, so happy to know my siblings are in very very good hands and your friendship and love strengthens the family. 
My friends who continue to care for me. 
My sweet little mister, who on a daily basis brings a piece of Heaven into my life. and reminds me how much I love being a Mother. 
My dearest Mister, whom I love with all my heart. He makes my life complete, I am so blessed that the Lord through his kindness inspired the Stephens family to make the decision to move next door so I could marry the man of my dreams, for truly he is the man I always dreamed of.

I love each one of you dearly. 

My mister came home and surprised me with a beautiful Daisy (a favorite) and the sweetest love note ever.

Here is an idea to surprise your sweetheart next year that I surprised mine. 
It is 14 reasons why I love you zippy bag filled with surprises stapled to a favorite treat.
I wrote 14 reasons why I love Daniel on little slips of paper and on the back I provided 14 different treats. I tried to correlate the treats with the reasons but some were hard to think of so I just did random ones for those.  Some included a 15 min massage, three 15 minute back tickles, temple date night, iron all his shirts for a month, make his favorite main dish, side dish, drink and dessert.  Simple but meaningful cause i know these are a lot of his favorite things.

We spent the night with the Osmond family. Shelbs made two killer salads and the best mini rolls. 
We contributed with bringing a dessert to share but do you
Remember this post


these are the trying to be famous cookies... we didn't have shortening so we used margarine instead and they tasted bready equals not very good. 


So . . . Valentines night we made Daniel's (Stephens Family's) famous chocolate chip recipe found here. And this time we had shortening and wow they were amazing.. even after 2 days they were still mouth watering. 
Giant size cookies makes for a great date activity.. Now create a masterpiece of your own.

5 comments:

  1. awe, that is so sweet! And Cassidy you are a clever little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks cassity I sure love you too! Good idea and very thoughtful of you. Haha those giant cookies were so fun to make. I've already done it again and it's one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cas that was one of the kindest, thoughtful posts. Thanks so much it meant a lot to me. I'm so grateful for you and grateful that each of you kids has a great love for one another. I love your idea for Valentines. And yup I remember those awesome cookies.!!! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love you too Cass - send us some cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monster cookies, great idea. How'd I know you would call her guys 'misters'? Love you too potato salad.

    ReplyDelete