Thursday, October 25, 2012

Halloween a very favorite holiday

I love Halloween since the day I can remember. . . I guess my mom made me love it so with all the fun activities we would do, the creative costumes we always wore and of course the Halloween dinner was divine! Here are just a few things I LOVE. What do you love about Halloween?

1. Dressing up
2. Eating candy -- chocolate
3. Anything pumpkin-- carving pumpkins, pumpkin desserts, decorating pumpkins etc.
4. Telling ghost stories
5. Spooky Halloween dinner
6. Carmel apples
7. Carmel's
8. Trick or treatin oh wait im too old for that
9. Halloween parties
10. The leaves start changing colors -- really missing that here in houston.

So here are a few Halloween crafts I did for my lack of Halloween decor. They are simple but cute.


1. I traced a bat pattern onto a piece of paper and then transferred to construction paper.

Vase pumpkin. Painted it orange. The top I used a paper plate punched a hole through it and put a stick and leaves I found outside. Glued construction paper for the face.


Crepe paper flower bouquet and wreath tutorial

Supplies: crepe paper, elmers glue, tape, black tape, hanger, cardboard
Flowers: Fold crepe paper like pic above. Then glue onto piece of wire from hanger (can be as long or short as you like it) Roll to make center of flower. showed in next photo. 
Gather the end of crepe paper at the bottom and make it bunch up.
Keep wrapping around don't make it too tight. You'll get the hang of it after a few tries.
Once you made it how big you want it tape the end to the wire. Tape the whole wire with black tape to hide the wire.

For the wreath:
bunch up on the bottom when desired size is met. 
Cut off the end and glue it to your piece of cardboard. Mine was kind of uneven but I wanted it that way. Simple but looks pretty. (sorry for the bad quality of photos)


Happy Halloween! Can't wait to see everyone's costumes and parties. 

My sister is doing a project party on her blog.. so share what you've done and grab her button so everyone else can be inspired. 

Brandon and Shelby



8 comments:

  1. great tutorial!
    I love getting to dress up and all the parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so creative Cas. I like them all maybe the bats the best. It really changes the atmosphere to bring in Halloween decorations.They look great! I'm impressed. I like the leaves changing colors probably the best. You should see the red on our arbor. Ahh just love it. And I love decorating with leaves (just fake ones so they don't make a mess. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I cut out bats this year and put them on my wall too... Love the look of it. Yours look fantastic as well! You sure have been busy. Love the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm... Look at you mrs talented. I too like the bats, I loved how you placed them-very good eye! Love the tutorial too. You need to put your link on my blog too so others can see it. And thanks for the shout out. Means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! My favorite was the bats flying up the wall! I want to make that now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never liked Halloween, I don't know what you are talking about. Very creative though. -Parker

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll always remember that one Halloween we shared where we dressed up three different times, and each time looked horrendous. There was the babushka/trewlany, african princesses/raggedy ann and andy. So much fun! And I agree with all things pumpkin, particularly pumpkin seeds. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great crafts cassidy, if you love pumpkin you should definitely try pumpkin waffles or pumpkin icecream, both divine. And btw, just saw the post on calvin's one year old post and he's such a great little guy, miss him lots.

    ReplyDelete