Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yummy Treats

One Lovely Sunday Afternoon Kelsi came over for dinner... We love it when she comes. We made our favorite Calzones and Daniel made his most famous cookie recipe however, it didn't turn out because he uses shortening in his cookies and since we don't have shortening we had to use butter.. Unforbidden in his cookies. Since the recipe makes so many we decided to make jumbo size cookies.. with all sorts of ingredients on top. :) YUM

Well they turned out looking really cute and fun but they tasted more of bread than a cookie I think if we had added lots more chocolate it would have tasted GREAT!

Here They are.. Great Date idea or way to get nice and fat




So for April Fool's day I really wanted to do something to Daniel, so I got up before him to make him breakfast but I started getting a guilty feeling inside of me about doing a mean prank.. cuz dan usually takes his breakfast on his way to work so i'd feel bad having him be hungry all day. Instead I made pancakes with raisins inside of them, he doesn't really like raisins but will eat them. And I put one huge chocoloate chip in one pancake. I made some tang and added lots of salt to it. Well he didn't even eat my surprise chocolate chip pancake and he thought I was trying to make him eat healthier by putting raisins in the pancakes. sheesh. Then he asked me if i was a little tired this morning. I said why and he was like because you put salt in the Tang instead of sugar and he was worried that I'd come home and drink the tang and spit it everywhere not knowing that i had put salt instead of sugar.. Sheesh sheesh.. So my pranks didn't really work. DARN.
That night we went to Shelby and Brandon's house and brought homemade Pizza....


We gave a slice to Brandon.. he was nervous of course to try it but HE LOVED IT!! THis isn't your ordinary pizza.. we like to call it FOOL's Eye Pizza. It's actually cake for the dough with frosting for the pizza sauce, white chocolate and coconut for cheese and fruit by the foot pepporoni. Scrumdiliumcious
 Daniel eating the leftover part of the cake.. 

7 comments:

  1. those are awesome cookies! I wish you'd give one to me. And I'd eat it just to get fat. Pretty creative!
    And I say you did get Daniel if he drank the tang but he's way too nice to warn you about it. Ha.
    Love the pizza idea and it tasted great thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love coming over too.. I was actually going to visit today but got swamped. Love that Daniel said that about the tang. He's obviously never been around on a Hansen April Fools Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is awesome! I think Daniel won the most creative cookie though. And I am with Daniel... not much of an April Fools fan but I am working on it! Maybe in 50 years....

    although I think I will try the Tang idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks sooooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassidy you have too soft of a heart, remember Hansens show no mercy on april fools. You guys always have such fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. why is your alignment off on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't know makana.. i still have troubles figuring out to work this blog.. ha. Thanks for all the comments. Maybe next year i'll be a little meanier on april fools

    ReplyDelete