Thursday, April 7, 2011

What will today bring? Excitement? Grief? Happiness?

So many things have been happening lately and school just keeps me so busy that I finally have a time to tell you all what has been going on in our crazy but fun lives. This picture dates back clear to Feb. 21 President's Day, yup I even remember the exact day, it was monday. Daniel and I got to spend the whole day together (which on a Monday is crazy talk) up in Ogden, UT. He has been dying to take me to Maple Garden a chinese restuarant in Ogden. He says it's the best Chinese restaurant ever... I've had a hard time finding a decent chinese restaurant since being back from China.. It was fabulous!! If you're ever up that way I highly recommend the Seshwan chicken:) We received our fortune cookies.. Mine informing me that I have great news I will soon tell.......

Here's how it all began......
I came up with an idea to have dinner with the family and Daniel came up with the brilliant idea to have Chinese dinner and make fortune cookies for everyone with their own fortune. Side note do not ever make fortune cookies by hand unless you have the perfect oven. This is how our sad looking cookies turned out miniature tortillas. Daniel spent hours trying to perfect them but this was the best we could get. Taste= magnificent!!

 So with our poor little fortune cookies up we went to South Jordan to start making the most Amazing (since China) feast yet. Mom made orange and sweet and sour chicken I made sticky beyond sticky fried rice, daniel made most delicious jouza or pot stickers.
Dinner was over and we brought out our surprise.. Daniel handed everyone a fortune cookie. Each took their turn to read theirs out loud.. Dad got you will come upon many hills and bumps in your journey (biking). Mom couldn't even read hers so she had Lexi read it.... which said Beware this Halloween for a  new "Mummy" will be here. Mom laughed and said oh yup i'm going to be a mean mom. We forgot to to give one to Shae so daniel hurry and made up a fortune to write and she signed what it said. No one could understand what she said but only got out two letter "N" and "T" finally brandon said Auntie?? It immediately hit Shelby repeating AUNTIE!!! A second later this was the reaction of beholders......

Please notice everyone's faces please...


HOORAY SHae Figured it out cuz mom couldn't with her Forutne!
For those who still don't understand what's going on.. HERE is a self-explanatory Aid......

 
 I skyped Mckay and Makana and the first thing they saw was this........

So there you have it folks.. I am going to be a Mom by the end of this year. HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY(says daniel) oh and I am very excited  too :)  hee hee.
Due date October 31st.
Now begins the guessing of what gender....ready go

9 comments:

  1. What a fun post. I love Shae's look. Those fortune cookies actually look better in the photos.
    I'm so so happy for you guys and me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a great way to tell everyone and I love everyones expressions. especially yours haha...
    And thats funny daxton has been saying boboboboboy hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Makana told me awhile ago so I've been waiting for the news to officially be announced!!! You are going to be such a great mom! So happy for you!!
    My guess is GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are THRILLED for you guys!!! What a darling way to tell everyone! How are you feeling?? I'll guess boy :) for Luke and Daxton. And because boys are THE best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want the recipe for those fortune cookies and CONGRATS!! GIRL GIRL GIRL! or twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was such an awesome way to tell the family, I hope all those facial expressions were real. I'm going to have to say two boys and one girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! What exciting news! You guys are so creative! What a fun evening with your family! We are so excited for you! Hope you are feeling ok. My guess is a girl. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Shae's face. She was so proud of herself. And I am going to say two boys and two girls and a chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete