Friday, May 6, 2011

Artwork

For Christmas last year I wanted to do something special for Daniel. I thought about painting a picture from his mission but I couldn't find any picture that would be cool painted. Instead, since Daniel loved his home in Far West, UT and talks about his memories all of the time.... a brilliant idea came to my head to paint a picture of his home. I got a copy of the picture from his Mother and started plugging away at the painting. However, last semester was oober busy for me and I didn't have much time to work on it and I had to be careful for him not to see it, so it was really hard to even work on it. When I gave it to him it was not finished. Four months later and Waalaa..

I also made this frame years ago at the Quick Water Ranch up in Idaho. As you can see on the painting there are two little streak marks.. well I was glueing the canvas onto the frame and the glue had dripped down so i'm still quite not finished, since now I have to fix that and lighten up the rainbow still.

6 comments:

  1. First! Wow that looks awesome Cass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I love how you finished it off with the grass, the fence posts, the background bushes and the big tree. (at least I don't remember that tree being there before.) It really looks perfect. The shading on the house and the brick work and sky. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way there's another new post below that I almost missed. I was first on that Mckay. Ha I know it's a contest between you and Makana but thought I'd join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the more the merrier! :)
    And I am pretty sure I want you to paint a picture if my house. You got mad skillz woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man you are SUPER good I'm glad it got finish.. well almost :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should paint a picture of Daniels ripped abs next!

    ReplyDelete